ACT Plus Writing Test Prep Seminar
Who should take this class? Junior students preparing for the ACT exam and the Prairie State Achievement Exam.
ACT® Test Prep Registration
Elk Grove’s ACT® Test Prep Seminar
• Offers a comprehensive approach for preparing students to take the ACT
• Enables students to apply and practice proven strategies that improve results
• Focuses on developing the ability to solve problems, draw conclusions, make inferences, and think analytically
• Provides assignments that solidify skills
• This course is offered to juniors during second semester in order to prepare for the ACT, a part of the mandatory Prairie State Achievement Exam.
Students will learn how the ACT is scored and develop test-taking strategies to help improve their scores.
Strategies for taking the ACT differ from those that are appropriate for the PSAT/SAT.
This seminar is not an individualized tutorial. It is a review of the course content that students have been exposed to in their high school classes.
Elk Grove offers two sessions at our campus:
Saturday mornings (8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.)
Tuesday afternoons (3:35 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.)
The Wednesday evening session at Prospect High School is also available to a limited number of EGHS students.