Auditions for the District 214 summer musical's orchestra pit will be held May 30 and May 31 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Rolling Meadows High School orchestra room.
Interested students should sign up for an audition slot on Sign-Up Genius by clicking D214 Summer Musical Pit Auditions. If a student cannot audition during one of these dates or times, they can contact Mr. Jeremy Morton at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
The recommended instrumentation for the summer musical, The Wedding Singer, is listed below. Musicians must prepare two short pieces in contrasting styles that demonstrate their technique and musical level. If possible, students auditioning for a reed part should demonstrate their skills on additional instruments. Being able to double on another instrument is not required but is desired. Students may also be asked to sight read.
- Drums (Drum Set)
- 3 Guitars (Acoustic & Electric)
- 2 Keyboards
- Reed 1 (Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute)
- Reed 2 (Baritone Saxophone, English Horn, Flute, Oboe, Tenor Saxophone)
- Trumpet (Flugelhorn, Trumpet)
Students are expected to be available for the following dates (conflicts with summer music camp schedules can be worked out):
- June 13, 15, 20, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, July 3, 5, 6 (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- July 10 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- July 11 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- July 12 (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.?) final dress rehearsal
- July 13 performance (5:00 cast call, 7:00 p.m. show)
- July 14 performance (5:00 cast call, 7:00 p.m. show)
- July 15 performance (5:00 cast call, 7:00 p.m. show)
Rehearsals running from June 13 to June 22 will take place at Rolling Meadows High School, 2901 Central Rd. in Rolling Meadows.
Rehearsals and performances running from June 26 to July 15 will take place at Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Rd. in Arlington Heights.