Class of 2021
Postsecondary Planning ideas for eLearning students:
Those interested in College should:
- Determine what type of degree you'd like to pursue (certificate vs. associates vs. bachelors)
- Identify five postsecondary options. If standardized testing is giving you anxiety please understand that many universities are already announcing they'll move to a test-optional (so no ACT/SAT required) for the 2021 school year. Please visit university websites directly for more information from that school. With over 4,000 schools it's difficult to have a running list here.
- Compare your achievements to those they typically admit (do you match up?)
- Complete the Net Price Calculator for each of those schools (you'll need parent/guardian help with this)
- Plan out things you'll need to do to complete their future application
Those interested in Trades/Manufacturing options:
- Identify what trade you'd like to pursue and visit their website on requirements
- FOCUS on your math/english skills as there are typically entrance exams for these careers as well
- Reach out to possible contractors to see how they sponsor future apprentice workers
- Those interested in manufacturing jobs can visit gCamp or iCatt to get some ideas on how these programs can work for you.
Those interested in Military options:
- Review what branch is best for them on military websites and reach out to recruiters to hear more about how the Military might be right for them
- What is your end goal? Do you want to enlist to utilize the benefits of a college education? Do you want to be career military?
Course Selection for Senior YearThis page is full of important dates and information for the class of 2021.
Course Selection Worksheet
Core Presentations (general counseling curriculum)
Fall Junior Core Guidance Presentation
Fall Junior Core Worksheet
Submit your community service hours using Transeo.
College Planning Workshop (2/22)
College Fit Slides
Online Resources Slides
Application Process Slides
Financial Aid Slides
College Options Notes (2/25)